I’ll keep this brief, as it’s a bit of a long and boring tale!
- I trained as a gymnast and ballet dancer from a young age and always thought I’d go on to have a career in dance. It was my dream.
- Unfortunately I snapped my ACL and had a knee reconstruction in 2006. I was then told that because of my Ehlers Danlos Syndrome III, I wouldn’t be able to dance again. Telling a 17 year old that is pretty harsh! If I could remember the name of the reumatologist who told me that, I’d write her a very long letter!
- I stopped dancing because I was sad & bitter and focused my time on my second favourite thing – fashion.
- Now, a whole 6 1/2 years later, I’m ready to enjoy dance classes again and also get the lean body I’ve always wanted
- Since the new year I’ve been working on a few different things, seeing what works and what doesn’t – this is what I’ll be keeping you up to date with. Hopefully inspiring someone else to give it a go.
My sister is studying how female magazines influence young girls to go on crazy diets and after looking through some with her I couldn’t believe the stuff they write about. I’m not sure anyone will even read this blog, but if you’re reading it now, “Hi” and “stop dieting… just eat the right things”!