After thinking about what I’m going to write, I’ve realised that this isn’t technically a recipe, as I’m not really one for measurements! The great thing about this healthy granola recipe is that it’s really up to you as to what you like more or less of. It really is just a case of mixing it all in a large bowl together and popping it in the oven for 15mins. Easy peasy!
Most granola you buy in the supermarket is packed full of added sugar, so yes they can lure you in with nuts, oats and dried fruit, but you really need to be careful and read the ingredients – you’ll be surprised by the high sugar content.
Here’s my MUCH healthier alternative which is a mish-mash of lots of recipes I’ve used over the past year.
Healthy Granola Recipe:
INGREDIENTS: (My best guess!!)
1 Cup Quinoa Pops
3/4 Cup Flaked Almonds
1 Cup Organic Oats
1/2 Cup Walnuts
1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
2 x Heaped table spoons flaxseed
2 x Table spoons coconut oil
1 x Table spoon almond butter
1 x Table spoon raw honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl – crush the walnuts into smaller pieces
- Heat up the coconut oil, so it’s a liquid and mix with honey & almond butter
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until it’s all covered. Your mixture should still be dry-ish, just coated in the mixture, making some bits stick together
- Put the mixture onto a baking tray – ideally piled no more than 1cm high
- Bake for 15mins – it’s very important to check your granola every 5mins and give it a little flip around, to stop burning.
- Leave to cool and enjoy with almond milk and some blueberries