Over the Easter bank holiday weekend, my boyfriend and I hopped in the car at 9pm and ended up in St Davids (South Wales) by 2:30am the following day. Apart from the extremely tiring drive, the weekend was great and gave us the opportunity to try out all of the healthy recipes we’d been collecting from friends and websites.
The only minor problem we faced was that the flat in Wales (and the whole town!) has barely any phone signal, let alone internet connection, so we had to improvise a little bit. It all worked out well though.
Ingredients (per pizza):
1 cup quinoa
1 tsp. salt
½ garlic clove
**1 tsp. rosemary
**1 tsp. thyme
½ cup water
Coconut flour – if mixture needs thickening
whatever toppings you choose. I went for a tomato passata base with mozzarella, spinach and basil.
** you can use whichever herbs you like to add taste to your quinoa crust, not just rosemary and thyme.
1. Soak the quinoa in water for 8 hours
2. Drain off any left over water
3. Add all of the ingredients to a blender, adding a bit of coconut flour if you feel the mixture needs thickening.
4. Brush a bit of oil over a baking tray (as you can see from my images, we didn’t have a round one, so ended up with yummy rectangular pizza!)
5. Add mixture to baking tray and bake your pizza base at 450* for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip pizza dough and bake another 10 minutes. We actually forgot to flip ours, but they still turned out great!
6. Add the toppings of your choice. Like I said, I went for a tomato passata base with mozzarella, spinach and basil. Cook for a further 5-7mins to heat toppings and melt the cheese. Rob chose to add red peppers and chicken to his too.
7. ENJOY, without feeling bloated afterwards!