I’m so excited to announce that throughout 2016 I’ll be working with British Lion Eggs to bring you some delicious recipes and I’m kicking off with one of my favourite dishes. This spicy kale baked eggs recipe is the perfect meal for either breakfast, lunch or dinner and it only takes around 20 minutes to make.
SPICY KALE BAKED EGGS RECIPE – SERVES 2
- 4 British Lion Eggs
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small red chilli pepper
- 100g chopped kale
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Black pepper to season
- Chop onion, chilli pepper and crush garlic – remove the chilli seeds.
- Heat coconut oil into a frying pan.
- Add the chopped onion, pepper & garlic to the pan.
- When onion is slightly browning add tinned tomatoes and spices.
- Add the kale one handful at a time wilting it in the hot tomato base – add a little water if the mixture gets a a tiny bit dry.
- Once the kale has wilted, crack four eggs equally spaced into the pan.
- Cover the pan with a large plate and leave to simmer for 4-5 minutes. Check it regularly to get the eggs how you like them and then serve.
You can check out many more egg recipes over on British Lion Eggs’ recipe website and keep your eyes peeled for a couple of blog posts on there from me over the coming months!
British Lion Eggs is a quality scheme that egg producers (90% of the UK industry) voluntarily join which has a stringent Code of Practice, ensuring the highest standards of food safety and animal welfare. I choose to use organic eggs for all of my cooking.
I hope you enjoy this dish!
Love, Cat x