There aren’t many things I love about winter, as I’m such a sunshine and water baby, but if I could pick only a handful of things, this homemade roasted tomato and red pepper soup recipe would definitely be in there, actually any homemade soup and a warm, thick slice of bread would make it into the list.
This one is so simple and is a recipe my mum has been making for years. It’s the perfect started before a Christmas dinner party or just as a healthy lunch to have throughout the colder months. I usually make around four servings (the same as this recipe), and then Rob and I have leftovers for lunch the next day.
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
4 red peppers
16 medium size tomatoes
Tablespoon Tomato puree
Teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
Tablespoon Worcester sauce
Salt & Pepper as per your preferred taste
- Preheat over to
- Slice the tomatoes and red pepper and place into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle mixed herbs and rosemary and then stir, so it’s all even covered.
- Place on a baking tray with a few fresh basil leaves placed on top and roast in the over for 30 minutes or so.
- When nicely roasted put the baking tray contents into a blender (I do this in two halves) and blitz with the tomato puree, apple cider vinegar and Worcester sauce. Add water if you’d like to make the consistency a little more fluid and to make more.
- Pour the soup into a pan, add salt and pepper as per your desired taste and let it simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- When ready, serve, eat, dip your bread and enjoy!
This tomato and red pepper soup recipe also features in my latest weekly vlog, so check it out for further instrcutions. 🙂
Love, Cat x