This is my go-to healthy flapjack recipe for a treat that isn’t full of sugar. When Rob hasn’t eaten the whole batch in one go, I use these as a sweet treat after dinner or even a post-workout snack if I’m on the go. They’re so quick and easy to make, meaning that you can even rustle them up in the morning before a hectic day… If you’re willing to get up about 20-minutes earlier than normal that is!
This recipe is inspired by Deliciously Ella’s one, but I’ve made a few changes to make it suit my tastebuds a little more.
1 large ripe banana
3 cups of gluten free oats
4 x TBSP Bali Nutra coconut syrup
4 x TBSP Coconut oil
4 x TBSP Cashew or almond butter – personally I prefer it with the cashew butter taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Peel and mash the banana
- Put the mashed banana in a pan on the hob along with the cashew butter, coconut oil and coconut syrup. Simmer the ingredients until you have a thick liquid, almost a paste-like texture
- Add the mixture to oats in a large bowl and stir it all around until all of the oats are covered
- Press the mixture down into your baking dish (It’s best to line your dish with baking paper), making sure all the oats are nicely squished together.
- Gently cut your flapjack squares before putting it in the oven, as this will help stop them breaking up when you cut them up and take them out of the dish at the end.
- Cook for 15-17 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Oh and if you’re wondering what that is on top of mine in the main photo, then you caught me, it’s Nutella! This photo was taken on National Nutella Day though, so that’s totally acceptable, right?!