A mug of tea and a cookie on the sofa pretty much sums up a perfect evening in my book and now it’s even better, as these healthy cookies are so damn delicious.
I no longer crave sugary and greasy cookies, which is such a great feeling. These cookies are filling and sweet, making them the perfect snack…. AND, as there are no nasties in them, you could even enjoy one for breakfast if you’re in a rush.
2 large ripe bananas
3 heaped tablespoons cashew butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil (I used Vita Coconut Oil)
2 tablespoons manuka honey
1 1/2 mug of oats
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (200°c on non-fan oven).
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the cashew butter, honey and coconut oil and stir into a gooey mixture.
- Slowly add the oats, making sure they’re all covered in said goo!
- Place approximately 8 tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking tray (covered with baking paper) and flatten them out with your hands to create cookie shapes. Keep them quite thin, so that the outside goes nice and crunchy.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds on top of each cookie.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.