This yummy sweet potato recipe is one of my favourite healthy meals, because not only is it extremely delicious and the perfect warmer for the cold weather, but it’s just so easy to make. This is my go-to lunch or dinner when I’m not cooking for Rob too, as it’s great for an individual portion. I can have the potato cooking in the oven while I get on with my work or do a bit of yoga, which is great for me.
1 x medium sized sweet potato (or large if you’re super hungry!)
1 x small red onion
1/2 x bell pepper (I like red, but the colour is up to you)
1/2 x avocado
Salt & pepper
With regards to cooking this sweet potato recipe you have two options depending on your time allowance and if you’re a bit against microwaves like I am. The way I have written below is quicker, but for those of you with more time on your hands, pierce the potato, rub with coconut oil, salt & pepper and put in the oven for around 50 minutes – until crisp on the outside and soft in the centre.
- Turn oven on to 180 degrees
- Pierce some holes in the sweet potato with a fork and put it in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Remove the potato from the microwave, rub coconut oil over the skin (try not to burn your hands!) and sprinkle some salt & pepper over it.
- Place potato in the oven and put the timer on for 10-12 minutes.
- Whilst the potato is cooking, chop the onion and red pepper into small chunks.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the onions & red pepper until soft.
- Once all has cooked, remove the potato and cut it in half to cool.
- Chop the feta and mash the avocado and then add everything on top of the potato to enjoy.
Love, Cat x