Sitting in this exact same chair in Wales at the end of last year, I wrote a blog post about my resolutions and plans for 2015. I just read back over the blog post and I’m actually so proud of how far I’ve come since then.
Firstly I want to thank each and every one of you for continuing to follow my journey and support me both on here and on Instagram. I’m so honoured to be in the position that I’m in, spending my time doing the things I love and hopefully inspiring and motivating some of you along the way.
Now, let’s see how I got on with those 2015 plans…
1. Keep up my balanced, healthy lifestyle, full of nutritious food and lots of exercise – This fortunately wasn’t a hard one, as I love my lifestyle and enjoy being healthy.
2. Teach myself to do a scorpion forearm stand yoga pose – I remember trying this arm balance last year in Wales, using the sofa to support me and now it’s become part of my daily practice. I’ll have a think of what my yoga posture goal can be for 2016!
3. Be mindful and thankful every single day of all the things I’ve done and amazing people I have in my life – There have probably been a few days where my mind is only focused on me, but on the whole, I feel so grateful and I hope I have really made that known. To my family and friends who support me, the amazing brands I’ve had the opportunity to work with and to all of you – you’re all awesome.
4. Go for a run twice a week and do yoga three/four times a week – haha, gosh I was bold! There have of course been a few weeks where this has let up, but I’m much more into my running now and with training to be a yoga instructor, I’m actually practicing six days a week.
5. Make more effort to listen to others without letting my mind wander in the weird and wonderful way that it does sometimes – This was something very important to me, as I know that my busy brain can sometimes get too caught up in itself. I won’t lie, the latter part of this year has been tougher, as I’ve had so much to juggle, but as I’m beginning to unwind again, I can get back to focusing my attention on others.
6. Stay true to myself, be it through day-to-day life or the blog, I want to always be ME – This year as the blog and Instagram have got bigger I’ve struggled with this. Feelings of jealousy and depression have crept in at times, but I’m very lucky to have Rob by my side always supporting me and reminding me of why I do this. I’ve turned down working with many brands due to them not being a perfect fit for Imperfect Matter and that’s something I’m very proud of. Imperfect matter started as a way to motivate myself, so whenever I write a post or work with a brand I always ask myself if this is something I’d read if I weren’t the writer.
7. Launch my first collection of rings under Cat Meffan Fine Jewellery and work towards launching a second collection by the end of the year – I CAN’T BELIEVE I DID IT! Well, I can, as I’ve worked my butt off, but I still have to pinch myself that I’m a business owner. It’s been really hard, with a lot of ups and downs, but I stuck at it and continued to create jewels that people seem to like! 😉 If you haven’t already check out my collections, then please do here. And give it a little like on Facebook.
8. Take up adult gymnastics classes – I went to a few sessions, but never quite made it a regular thing due to the clubs being in awkward places and at awkward times for me. I haven’t given up, I’ll still look for new clubs to join and go to the odd class when I can.
9. Take up tennis with Rob when the evenings start to get lighter – Hmmm, not so much…. maybe 2016 will be our tennis year! 😉
10. Meet even more inspirational fellow bloggers and partner up for fun YouTube videos & blog posts – I’ve spent time with some amazing ladies this year and will continue to do so in 2016. I’ve made genuine friends through the blog and can’t wait to spend more time with them in the new year.
So there you have it, that’s how 2015 went down. I’ve probably rambled on enough already, but I’ll leave you with a few of my 2016 fitness goals and plans…
1. Travel more, discovering the best places for food & fitness.
2. Master the scorpion handstand (seems like the natural next step!) and the elephant lift.
3. Pass my yoga teacher training.
4. Teach yoga at a retreat abroad.
5. Become a regular ‘YouTuber‘ – I’ve got a few videos planned already!
6. Meditate more often.
HAVE A MARVELLOUS NEW YEAR’S EVE ALL!
Love, Cat x